Dental Implants – Houma, LA
Where Permanency Means Longer-Lasting Smiles
The frequent adjustments and replacements required with dentures and dental bridges can get old for those who are undergoing treatment for missing teeth. However, with the help of dental implants, this aspect of care is no longer an issue. Dr. Walker and our team are here to provide patients like yourself with a more advanced solution designed to permanently reside inside your mouth for 30+ years or even a lifetime. If you’re interested in learning more about dental implants, call us today to schedule a consultation.
Why Choose Ryan A Walker DDS for Dental Implants?
- Advanced Dental Technologies Used
- Start-to-Finish Dental Implant Placement
- Natural-Looking, Fully Functional Restorations
What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are titanium, screw-like posts that mimic tooth roots. They are the only tooth replacement solution available that restores the full root-to-crown structure. When placed inside the jawbone, they fuse over several months in a process known as osseointegration. When ready, a customized restoration is placed on top to complete your smile.
Dental implants are known for their longevity and functionality, allowing you to enjoy a greater bite force and chewing power as well as speech clarity and confidence.
The 4-Step Dental Implant Process
There is a four-step process that all patients must complete to ensure successful dental implant placement:
- Initial Dental Implant Consultation – You will meet with Dr. Walker to determine your candidacy as well as if you require any preliminary treatments such as bone grafting, periodontal therapy, or tooth extraction.
- Dental Implant Surgery – Depending on the severity of your case, you may remain in-house for your dental implant surgery, or Dr. Walker may refer you to an outside oral surgeon.
- Dental Implant Osseointegration/Abutment – Once your implants are in place, osseointegration will occur, which means the posts will fuse with the jawbone. After several months, you will return to have your abutments put into place.
- Delivery of Dental Implant Restoration(s) – The final step is to receive your customized restoration, which may include a crown, bridge, or denture depending on how many teeth are missing.
Benefits of Dental Implants
- Improved appearance thanks to their ability to prevent facial sagging
- Greater confidence when looking in the mirror and when surrounded by family, friends, and colleagues
- Greater jawbone stimulation that minimizes the risk of facial collapse commonly caused by tooth loss and bone deterioration
- Minimized risk of systemic issues commonly linked to tooth loss (i.e., diabetes, heart disease, osteoporosis)
- Ability to eat the foods you love because of greater bite force and chewing power
Who Dental Implants Can Help
Dental implants are a viable option for most adults with tooth loss. Although a thorough consultation must be completed before moving forward with treatment, we can determine how best to proceed so that your dental implant placement is most successful. When meeting with Dr. Walker, he will discuss the type of dental implant restoration you will need based on the number of teeth you are missing.
Missing Single Tooth
Instead of being one of the 120 million Americans living with a single missing tooth, we can easily replace it using one dental implant post and a customized crown. By addressing only the empty socket, we can avoid altering healthy abutment teeth – a process that is required when receiving a traditional dental bridge.
Missing Multiple Teeth
When faced with multiple missing teeth, we can position two dental implant posts in the outer sockets and attach a customized bridge to sit on top. Not only does this allow you to keep your existing healthy teeth, but you can also enjoy a more secure and permanent prosthetic that can remain in place for decades.
Missing All of Your Teeth
Instead of relying on traditional dentures to restore and rebuild your smile, let us use implant dentures. Requiring between four and six dental implants, we will position them accordingly for maximum support before securing a customized denture on top.
Understanding the Cost of Dental Implants
The cost of dental implants cannot be determined until you schedule a consultation with our team. It is during this visit that Dr. Walker will go over your medical history, take digital images of your smile, and recommend whether you require preliminary treatments or not. Once we have a clearer understanding of what is expected, we can draft an estimate for you to review. We’ll then go over your available payment options as well as help you get the maximum reimbursement from your insurance company should you decide to file a claim.